Skip to main content
European Commission logo


EACEA National Policies Platform:Eurydice
Other Education Staff or Staff Working in Higher Education

Republic of North Macedonia

10.Management and other education staff

10.6Other Education Staff or Staff Working in Higher Education

Last update: 27 November 2023

Pursuant to Art. 161 of the Law on Higher Education, the academic positions at higher education institutions include: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Full Professor.

At the faculties of philology and other higher education institutions delivering language courses, the academic positions are language instructor and senior language instructor. At higher vocational schools, teaching positions include lecturer, senior lecturer and professor at higher vocational school.

In specific cases, the higher education institutions could select the denomination of the academic positions in accordance to the Law on Scientific and Research Activity.

Support staff can be appointed on short-term basis for project work for the duration of the project. Support staff participates in teaching in the scope defined by the Statute of the University/Faculty or Higher Vocational School.