The following programmes for learner and teacher/trainer mobility are educational actions organised within the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission. In Spain, the corresponding public calls for these programmes are managed by the Spanish Service for the Internationalisation of Education (SEPIE).
Mobility for learners in adult education is embodied in the “Key Action 1-KA1: Learning Mobility for individuals”, through which adult education providers carry out various mobility activities in order to enhance their teaching and learning processes. Participating organisations must actively promote inclusion and diversity, environmental sustainability and digital education through their activities.
The most important objectives of this Action focusing on adult education are the following:
- to strengthen the European dimension of teaching and learning;
- to promote the values of inclusion and diversity, tolerance and democratic participation;
- to support the development of professional networks throughout Europe;
- to improve the quality of formal, non-formal and informal adult education in Europe in terms of the key competences defined in the 2018 Council Recommendation on key competences;
- to expand and diversify adult education provision;
- to develop the capacities of adult education providers for implementing high quality mobility projects;
- to increase the participation of adults of all ages and from all socio-economic backgrounds.
Participants can choose between short-term projects offered by the applicant organisations, and accredited mobility projects open only to Erasmus-accredited organisations in the field of adult education.
The supported activities are of various types and duration:
- For teachers and educators:
- shadowing (2 to 60 days);
- teaching or training placements (2 to 365 days);
- courses and training (2 to 30 days).
- For students:
- group mobility for adult learners (2 to 30 days, at least 2 learners per group);
- individual educational mobility for adult learners (2 to 30 days).
- Other activities:
- visiting experts (2 to 60 days);
- hosting of trainee teachers and educators (10 to 365 days);
- preparatory visits.