Curriculum, subjects, number of hours
All courses have a common core curriculum which has been fixed by the law in 1996 and has been adapted in 2010 (TEXTE COORDONNÉ).
The core curriculum foresees general modules, which are the same for all professions:
- Module A: Law (Labour law (20h); Social law (20h)
- Module B: Accounting mechanisms and financial analysis (40h); Salary calculation (20h); Price calculation (20h)
- Module C: Communication techniques (40h); Management of personnel (20h); Organisation of the enerprise (20h)
- Module D: Creation of the enterprise (24h)
- Module E: Reform of vocational education & Applied pedagogy.
The chamber of Trade publishes the list (in French) of professions for which it preparatory courses are organised.
Teaching methods and materials
The legislation does not prescribe any specific teaching materials or teaching methods.
Each year, courses for all professions are organised in Luxembourgish and German with teaching materiel provided in German. Additional courses in French are organised each year for different professions.