Alternative approaches in public elementary schools
For preschool cycle 1 of elementary school (pupils aged 3-6 years), there are schools offering alternative functioning methods and/or pedagogical approaches to those of most other schools:
- Eis Schoul is a school with inclusive pedagogy, located Kirchberg;
- École Jean Jaurès operates as a full-day school in Esch-sur-Alzette;
- Villa Mirabella is a full-day school located in Wiltz.
ECEC in accredited European schools
Article 2 of the law of 15 December 2017, amending the law on European education in Luxembourg, provides for the establishment of a 2-year cycle of European early education (nursery).
As a flyer published in 2020 explains, international schooling is being offered in four accredited European schools, of which two include European preschool education in English, French and German, namely:
- École Internationale Edward Steichen in Clervaux (see brochure);
- Lënster Lycée International School ( see schooling offer).
Early education is offered to children aged 4 and 5 years. As in all Luxembourg public schools, there are no tuition fees.