Adult education and training is not the responsibility of a single authority. Instead, a number of ministries are involved. Responsibility lies with the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Ministry of Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance and, to a lesser degree with the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment and the Ministry of Justice and Public Order. Each ministry is responsible for the operation of a number of institutions offering adult education or training programmes, as follows:
- The Ministry of Education and Culture is responsible for the Adult Education Centres; the State Institutes of Further Education; the Evening Technical School; the afternoon and evening classes at the Technical schools; the Post- Secondary Institutes of Vocational Education and Training; the New Modern Apprenticeship; and, the Cyprus Pedagogical Institute.
- The Ministry of Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance is responsible for the Cyprus Productivity Centre (Κέντρο Παραγωγικότητας Κύπρου) (CPC); the Human Resource Development Authority (HRDA); the Mediterranean Institute of Management (MIM; and, the Higher Hotel Institute of Cyprus.
- The Ministry of Finance is responsible for the Cyprus Academy of Public Administration (Κυπριακή Ακαδημία Δημόσιας Διοίκησης).
- The Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment is responsible for the Cyprus Forestry College.
- The Ministry of Justice and Public Order is responsible for the Police Academy of Cyprus.