Further education takes place in formal and informal subsystems of education. It is provided by school and non-school education institutions.
Management staff can be classified into three groups according to the type of institution they work at:
- Management staff at primary and secondary schools, also at primary art schools and language schools. Further information on management staff at these institutions can be found in chapter Management Staff for Early Childhood and School Education.
- Management staff at higher education institutions. Further information on management staff at these institutions can be found in chapter Management Staff for Higher Education.
- Management staff at private further education institutions.
Experts in the area of management and education of adults are trained at departments of andragogy. Education managers can then assert themselves in school and private education institutions.
The information system of further education – information site on accredited educational programmes – describes the ‘further education manager’. This description serves for further education institutions as a basis for the creation of individual educational programmes’ content.
Further education managers should be able to:
- perform analysis of educational needs of educational programmes participants and find their entry competence level,
- create a structure of educational programme’s content based on the set educational goals,
- work with a team of teachers.
In addition, a further education manager should also be familiar with:
- adult education policy in the national and international development and context,
- human resources development,
- particularities of adult education,
- principles of the creation of budget/calculation of an educational event, etc.
Master’s degree is required.
National Council of the Slovak Republic, 2002. Act No. 131/2002 on higher education and on the change and supplement to some acts (Zákon č. 131/2002 Z.z. o vysokých školách a zmene a doplnení niektorých zákonov) (last accessed 29/12/2022).
National Council of the Slovak Republic, 2008. Act No. 245/2008 on education and training (Education Act) and on the change and supplement to some acts as amended by subsequent provisions (Zákon č. 245/2008 Z.z. o výchove a vzdelávaní (školský zákon) a o zmene a doplnení niektorých zákonov v znení neskorších predpisov) (last accessed 29/12/2022).