The terms and conditions of teachers and trainers in the field of adult education and training (Qualifica Centres teams, teachers and trainers of adult education and training courses - EFA Courses and Certified Modular Training) are dependent on the type of training provider that employs them. However, some criteria are transversal, such as having specialised training and experience in adult education and training, and teaching qualifications for the 2nd and 3rd cycles of basic and upper secondary education, depending on the level of certification and the key competences areas, according to the legal regulations in force, for the recruitment groups concerned.
Teachers and trainers involved the recognition, validation and certification of competencies processes (RVCC) must hold the following qualifications, according to the aspect of the process they participate in:
- academic RVCC: teaching qualification according to the key competences area in which they are involved, in accordance with current legislation, and preferably work experience in adult education and training.
- professional RVCC: trainer qualification, in accordance with the legislation in force, and technical knowledge and experience in the relevant occupational field.
Guidance, recognition and validation of competences professionals must hold a higher education qualification and have experience in one of the following fields:
• academic or professional guidance.
• methodologies for monitoring young people or adults in different types of training, as well as monitoring of training in a work context.
• work methodologies with suitable approaches for people with disability or incapacities.
• methodologies for adult education and training, including the balance of competences and portfolio construction.