Skip to main content
European Commission logo


EACEA National Policies Platform:Eurydice
Other education staff or staff working with schools


10.Management and other education staff

10.4Other education staff or staff working with schools

Last update: 27 November 2023

Expert associates in school institutions include: psychologists, librarians, and experts in special education and rehabilitation. The job of an expert associate may be performed by a person who has completed the corresponding graduate university study programme and has pedagogical competences.

The following education staff is employed in the pre-school institution performing the jobs of nursing, education, social and health care: a pre-school teacher and an expert associate (psychologist,) and a nurse as the head of the healthcare service. The job of a nurse can be performed by a person with completed undergraduate university programme or nursing study programme, or a study programme with attained vocational degree in the field of nursing in accordance with earlier regulations as well as a person with completed graduate university programme or specialist nursing study programme.